Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 India License. digbejoy ghosh | diploma project: Second Panel Review held on 31st July,2010

Sunday 5 September 2010

Second Panel Review held on 31st July,2010

After seeing some of my explorations, the panel suggested I try different approaches in terms of execution, for example using Maya, rendering it to look like a 2d animation. I could also use a 3d environment and put a 2d character into it. However, they felt that the medium should not restrict my idea; instead I should allow the idea to mould the medium.
I also showed a rough animatic, along with a frame that suggested treatment. Upon seeing this, the panel remarked that they prefer that I begin with thumbnail sketches and move on to a formal storyboard, following which I should present an animatic.
The panel also wondered as to how I would show the paranoia of the character, without making it too literal. Since the theme of the film deals with a mental state, they were concerned about how I would show it on screen.
The linear structure of the story also seemed to be cause for some concern, and it was suggested that I approach the narrative in a slightly non-linear manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 India License.